Paul’s Blog – October 2, 2021

On Saturday, October 2, Dwight Maxey, Colin Mellin, Tyler Seeley, Ron Roach, Dan Reichenbach, Gary Carter and Paul Brown made it out to the Museum to get some projects done. Dwight, Dan, Colin and Paul got to work on repairing the bell on Engine 104. They disassembled the clapper assembly, cleaned it up, and then reassembled it. Some old oil was coating most parts, so this repair should get it operational – we’ll find out next time we run her. While this work was going on, Gary and Tyler did some welding work on Engine 103 to get a new tray installed in the battery box. We are now ready to re-install the batteries when our one new battery is delivered next month.

We took a short lunch break, and then started moving some equipment out of the shop building to clean the place up a bit. There was cleanup of a lot of debris that got blown in over the years, and some rearranging of items to allow easier access. At the end of the day, we did a bit of miscellaneous work before tying up.

I have included some photos of the work done.

– Paul

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s