On Saturday, July 30, with slightly cooler temperatures but muggy conditions, Colin Mellin, Dwight Maxey, Tyler Seeley, Tanner Seeley and Paul Brown gathered to work at the Museum. When we arrived, we found that our new fencing had been installed this last week, so we did a little work moving our locks to the new gates while testing their operation. After completing that, we gathered some tools to head out to our tie replacement job. We concentrated on getting tie plates in place under the rail, and prepping for spiking. We will get the spiking done once we are able to locate our sledge hammer or any of our spike maul heads.
After completing the track work that we could, we did a bit more work to the fencing. We installed some reflectors on gates that now close off C Street, so that unsuspecting drivers who used to cut through our property have a chance to see the new gate. We also started to remove some of the old gates along the back fence which will slowly be removed in the future.
I have included a few pictures that mostly show the new fencing.